As a Developer Relations Engineer at Apostrophe, you will focus on helping to support and grow our developer community. You will write documentation, articles, and blog posts for engineering audiences. You will maintain and actively participate in our community channels (such as GitHub, Discord, and StackOverflow), answering questions and fostering a positive community experience.
Overall your objective will be helping other developers be successful with Apostrophe while growing our developer community at the same time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and grow the open source Apostrophe community
- Regularly publish new Apostrophe developer documentation articles
- Build awareness of new Apostrophe features that make the developers’ lives easier
- Coordinate with our marketing efforts to translate developer resources into blog posts and other marketing assets
- Identify high potential developer communities, refine messaging to attract new developers, and advocate on behalf of the Apostrophe community to our product teams
- Maintain and actively participate in our open source communication channels
- Write and drive high-quality open source code demos that enable developers to understand and build on the Apostrophe platform
- Build developer ecosystem components to enhance developer experience
- Create and present technical and product talks, virtually and in-person, as public health conditions allow. Apostrophe has and will continue to take pandemic precautions seriously.
- Help developers by suggesting technical solutions by troubleshooting issues, answering general questions about Apostrophe, and mapping product features to use cases
- In addition to your role as a Developer Relations Engineer, you will be expected to actively participate in developing our overall culture, supporting your coworkers, and helping to make Apostrophe a wonderful place to work.
Qualifications and skills
- An education in software engineering and/or hard-earned knowledge through the practice of it in the field
- 5+ years of experience in developer/engineering roles; experience in advocacy and/or relations highly preferred
- Experience with and a genuine passion for open source
- Experience engaging with developer platforms or open source communities
- Experience blogging/writing technical articles, speaking at technology conferences, or contributing to popular open source projects
- Pursued side projects, research, or open source projects
- Great communication and technical writing skills
- You should feel comfortable giving and receiving constructive criticism and value a diverse, safe and welcoming environment for yourself and for others.
- Experience with Node.js, Vue, and/or React is a plus
Working With Apostrophe
- Work remotely – Our team is based on Philadelphia and growing remotely to be able to tap into the global open-source community.
- Join us at the ground floor – We are a small company and this is a unique opportunity to grow with us and be a part of shaping our culture and processes.
- Support open-source – Our product and company DNA is rooted in the values of open-source and we've been active in the community for years.
- Collaborate with amazingly talented and dedicated people – Be part of a seasoned team that's passionate about what we're doing and loves working together to build great software.
If you would like to work with this growing team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apostrophe is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, and veteran status. We strongly encourage qualified applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.