You will write beautiful, well-commented, self-documenting code and hold the rest of your team accountable to those same standards
- You will collaborate closely with clients, fellow developers, UX experts and designers to interpret customer requirements and deliver the right open-source features to the community as a whole.
- You will meet and communicate with clients directly as their projects and features are built, tested and published.
- You will contribute your unique voice and ideas to our development process, which we are constantly tweaking and refining. Likewise, you will be open to trying out new workflows, tools, and team structures.
- You will engage in documentation-driven and test-driven development practices.
- You will contribute to our many open-source projects and support the community of developers who rely on them.
- In addition to your role as a developer, you will be expected to actively participate in growing our overall culture, supporting your coworkers, and helping to make Apostrophe a wonderful place to work.
- Proficiency in Node.js, including asynchronous programming, is a requirement.
- Experience working with databases is required. Experience with MongoDB is strongly preferred. Experience with MySQL is a plus.
- An education in software engineering and/or hard-earned knowledge through the practice of it in the field.
- A least 5 years professional experience as a software developer.
- You should have experience working in teams, translating requirements into fully functional APIs, features, website backends, etc.
- You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You should have a strong interest in contributing to the open-source community through GitHub.
- You should feel comfortable giving and receiving constructive criticism and value a diverse, safe and welcoming environment for yourself and for others.
- Good skills with git version control are required.
- Familiarity with functional programming is a major plus.
- You should be comfortable at the Unix/Linux/MacOS command line prompt.
Working With Apostrophe
- Work remotely – our team is based on Philadelphia and growing remotely to be able to tap into the global open-source community.
- Join us at the ground floor – since we are a new company, this is a unique opportunity to grow with us and be a part of shaping our culture and processes.
- Support open-source – our product and company DNA is rooted in the values of open-source and we've been active in the community for years.
- Collaborate with amazingly talented and dedicated people – be part of a veteran team that's passionate about what we're doing and loves working together to build great software.
If you would like to join this growing team, we’d love to hear from you!
We strongly encourage qualified applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.